Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Bus Eireann 51 Service (Addressed to management)

I am a student at the University of Limerick and as I am from Cork I regularly get the Bus Eireann 51 service from the Bus Station in Limerick to either Charleville or Mallow. This service is useful to me as it is cheap and always on time. This is not without its problems though. In order for me to get the service I must travel into the City Centre, getting the 308 city bus service. The 308 does not stop at the bus station, indeed from whatever point I must get off, it always necessitates at least a 5 minute walk. This is one aspect of the journey that is least appealing, as I usually carry expensive items such as my laptop with me when I travel home. At present customers getting the 51 service to Ennis or Galway can board a bus at the University itself, which I believe leaves at 16.00 on Fridays. This service is regular and timetabled. I ask then, why not put on a similar service for customers heading to Cork destinations. On a number of occasions when getting the service a relief bus operates from Limerick to Cork, usually leaving before the scheduled 18.35 service on Friday evenings. I propose starting this bus from the University and making it a regular and timetabled service, akin to the service operated to Galway.

Also I would ask that a similar service be put in place for Sunday Evenings, where’s that a dedicated 51 service stops at the University on Sunday Evenings.
Also to be fair to the students from the Limerick Institute of Technology I also prose that on Sunday Evenings the regular 51 bus from Galway/Ennis stops at LIT on two different services and on Friday evenings two of the 51 service’s going to Galway/Ennis stops there also.

No comments:

Post a Comment